Prosecution office, the balance of the second 6 months period of 2015 to the fight against financial crime
General Prosecutor’s Office has made the balance of the activities of the second 6 months period of 2015 in the fight against financial crime, regarding mainly with organized crime, but also to fraud and falsification, of which results that the investigations on some fraudulent schemes are completed, gaining illegal benefits and causing harm to the state over 60 million euros, and there are seized real estates and movables, totaling a value of approximately 45 million euros.
1. Fraudulent financial schemes
During the second 6-month period of 2015, Prosecution Office has completed the investigation and identified the responsible persons in some fraudulent financial scheme in the fuel market, pharmaceutical, concessions, construction, etc.
- In October 2015 Tirana Prosecution Office found a fraudulent scheme about the fund of medicines’ reimbursement, worth about 2 million euros. Leader of this scheme was allegedly the head of the pharmaceutical company "Omega Pharma". This scheme was following an earlier investigation launched in 2015, during which it was recorded another case fraudulent scheme, which has already sent for trial some officials of Healthcare Fund and pharmacy managers.
- Also in October 2015, Korca Prosecution Office found a fraudulent financial scheme worth around 1.5 million euros in the aggregates market. Those responsible for the scheme were sent for trial in late December 2015.
- In November 2015, Tirana Prosecution Office found a fraudulent financial scheme to the market where are sold shares of the oil company "FULLPET", avoiding obligation to state about 500 million ALL.
- In December 2015, the Tirana Prosecution Office has completed an investigation and sent for trial two very large financial schemes, spread over several years. Initially, it was sent for trial the scheme of "DIA-ADC", two companies with Kastriot Ismailaj as manager, worth about 10 million euros. Following, Tirana Prosecution Office concluded investigations for another fraudulent scheme, "KGE", worth 40 million euros, to which the citizen Francesco Beccheti and some of his associates were accused.
- In December 2015, Fier Prosecution Office found a fraudulent financial scheme in the fuel market, avoiding obligation to state about 2.5 million euros. For this scheme, it is considered responsible the administrator of the company "Tea Oil", Adrian Xhillari. For this scheme, there are currently detained several former senior officials of the General Directory of Customs, including Former Deputy Director-General, suspected that with his actions and inactions, have tolerated the implementation of this scheme.
- Also in December 2015, Tirana Prosecution Office found another financial scheme, this time in the gambling market, causing harm to the state over 1 million euros. For this scheme, there are considered responsible the citizens Ndoj and Paulin Preci, administrators of the gambling company "Saturn Games".
2. Seizure and confiscation
During the second 6 months period of 2015, Prosecution Office has seized or confiscated real estate and movables, in a total of tens of millions of euros, mainly in the implementation of "anti-mafia" law or because the offenses of forging documents and involvement in fraudulent financial schemes. In total, in the second 6 months period of 2015 were seized: bank accounts worth a total of 3.2 million euros; about 570 thousand m2 of agricultural land and land, a hotel and two building with 8 + 12 floors, in total worth around 23.6 million euros; Shares in 8 private companies. Also it is still undetermined, but an amount of approximately 15 million euros were seized and 8 apartments, 2 villas with 3 floors, two commercial complexes with an area of 11 thousand m2 and 10 thousand m2, a gas station, a 1700 m2 building, 2.1 million m2 of agricultural land and 700 m2 plot. In detail, as follows:
- In June 2015, the Prosecution Office for Serious Crimes requires the confiscation of about 18.5 million ALL, 940 thousand US dollars found in the bank account and treasury bonds, as well as two vehicles registered in the name of citizens Kastriot Ismailaj, manager of the company "Adriatic Development Corporation LTD". These assets were originally under preventative seizure, by a decision of the Court of Tirana.
- Also in June 2015, at the request of the Prosecution Office of Tirana, it is set the preventive seizure of some companies administered by the defendant Francesco Beccheti and his associates under investigation for the fraud scheme of "KGE".
- In July 2015, the Prosecution Office for Serious Crimes requires the seizure of 6300 m2 arable land, worth 11 million ALL, owned by Aleko Perlesi, under the "anti-mafia law. In December 2015, the Prosecution Office for Serious Crimes has requested the seizure and transfer in favor of the state of that property.
- Durres Prosecution Office, with the permission of the court, set in July 2015 the preventive seizure of 8 apartments, a cottage, a bar and a gas station, owned by the family Tepshi, accused by Italian authorities for "drug smuggling". The value of these assets has not been fully determined.
- At the end of July 2015, the Prosecution Office for Serious Crimes requires seizure of bank accounts amounting to over 850 thousand euro, on behalf of the citizens Rovena Kalemi and Bledar Coraj, as they has not justify their source.
- In August 2015, the Prosecution Office for Serious Crimes, with the permission of the court, has decided the preventive seizure of a hotel and two residential buildings 8 + 12 floors, with a total value of around 10 million euros, owned by Astrit Limani, condemned in Italy for "drug smuggling".
- In September 2015, the Prosecution Office for Serious Crimes, pursuant to the "anti-mafia" law has decided seizure of over 11 thousand m2 of land and buildings, including businesses, as well as about 15,300 square meters of agricultural land registered in the name of the citizen Dashamir Gjoka, accused by Italian authorities for "drug trafficking". The value of these assets is still completely uncertain.
- Also in September 2015, Vlora Prosecution Office seized about 130 thousand m2 of forest land in Palasa, worth about 280 thousand euros, obtained with forged documents on behalf of citizens Timolea Dhimoleo. For this asset, in December 2015 it was establishes the seizure and transfer of it in favor of the state.
- In October 2015, the Prosecution Office for Serious Crimes seized about 2.1 million square meters of forest land, arable land and land in the tourist area in Fier, including 1,700 square meters building, as well as 3 private companies, all in the name of the citizen Fatmir Kajolli, condemned in Italy for "drug smuggling".
- Also in October, the Prosecution Office for Serious Crimes, under the letter-order of the Italian authorities, seized the shopping complex "Golden", with an area of 10 thousand m2, as well as several other real estate, with a total area of about 500 m2, on behalf of the brothers Altin and Emirjan Hajri, accused as head of a narcotics trafficking network.
- Vlora Prosecution Office, in October 2015 seized about 44 hectares of coastal land, including Llamani beach, worth over 9 million euros, suspected as obtained by forged documents on behalf of the citizen Jani Qirici.
- In November 2015, the Prosecution Office for Serious Crimes seized 2 million euros at the bank account of the company "ALENFRA", administrated by the Italian citizen Simoneta Coniglio, suspected as illegal source of creation.
- In December 2015, the Vlora Prosecution Office, in two separate cases, decided seizure of an area of 44 thousand m2, worth 4.4 million euros, in the beach area of Jonufrës, suspected as obtained by forged documents of the successors of the citizen Gjon Gjonboçari. In another case, there are confiscated 85 thousand m2 of land in the area of Palasa, worth 200 thousand euros, suspected as obtained based by forged documents of some citizens.